For contactors and anyone involved in procurement and contracting within a construction company.
Gain a basic and practical understanding of Canadian construction contract and subcontract essentials.
After completing this course, you will:
- Understand what a contract is from a legal standpoint and what makes it valid and enforceable.
- Know some key legal principles regarding general contracts and construction contracts.
- Understand why contracts are important in the construction process.
- Learn the difference between a “bidding” contract and the actual construction contract.
- Be able to discern the difference between a letter of intent, a purchase order, and a construction contract.
- Learn about a major cause of construction disputes and why standard industry contract forms can reduce the risk of such disputes.
- Know the different types of construction contracts in terms of project delivery and pricing methods.
- Understand the structure, approach, and key provisions in a typical stipulated/fixed-price or lump-sum construction contract and subcontract.
- Know how to read and understand a typical construction contract and subcontract.
The course duration is approximately 5 hours.
This course has been accredited by the Canadian Construction Association (CCA) for one (1) credits toward Gold Seal Certification.
Once registration has been completed for a course, you will receive an email with your PIN and instructions within 24 hours of registration. All registrations received after office hours will be processed the next business day. Please note there are no refunds or cancellations for any of these courses once payment has been submitted.