Members of the BC Road Builders and Heavy Construction Association enjoy the following benefits:
Advocacy and representation when the Association meets with all levels of government and other stakeholders, including:
- Communication with all three levels of government regarding members’ interests on labour relations, employment standards, workers compensation, employment insurance, regulations and tax acts.
- Advocacy relating to standardized methods of submitting and accepting tenders.
- Facilitated information sharing during labour negotiations.
- Specialized committees formed to give concentrated effort to solve problems in areas of specific member interest.
- Participation in the development and inclusion in a membership roster that is enclosed in the government-authorized Blue Book Equipment Rental Rate Guide allowing members’ free listings to be seen by all public owners, as well as provincial, municipal and federal agencies.
- Advice regarding individual government-related concerns.
- Membership in the Canadian Construction Association (CCA), our national lobby group.
- Industry news and information delivered through the Association’s weekly e-bulletin, periodic information bulletins and Association updates and member profiles in the The Voice, our association publication.
- Business opportunities updated weekly in the Members Only area of the website with the Tender Summary, which includes bids and results from the municipal, provincial, and federal governments, delivered within the e-bulletin.
Events and Networking
- Networking opportunities at the Association’s signature events:
- Annual Ivan Hanchard Charity Golf Tournament
- Fall Conference
- Annual General Meeting & Winter Celebration
Learn more about our signature events here.
- Facilitated sharing of new technology and innovation among the membership and promotion of cooperation between Association members and industry trades.
- Private office and meeting room space available; meeting facilitation services upon request.
- Training in a variety of areas as well as environmental, and fellowship programs.
- Access to resources from the BC Construction Safety Alliance.
- Access to BuildForce Canada’s construction industry training programs.
Learn more about our training programs here.
- Discounts and special offers through affinity programs, including:
- Fairmont properties
- Accent Inns
- Chevron Canada
- Mark’s Work Wearhouse
Learn more about our affinity programs here.