The Communication, Negotiation and Conflict Resolution course has been designed to help improve written, oral and negotiating skills within the construction industry. The course contains interactive elements, case studies, practical examples, a search function, course glossary and reference library.
This course is intended for supervisors, project managers and anyone who must deal effectively and professionally with employees, sub-trades, owners, clients, engineers and employers.
Upon completing this course, you will be able to:
- Define a conflict
- Identify the stages of conflict
- Describe the importance of communication
- Apply assertiveness techniques to get a point across
- Deal with difficult people more effectively
- Recognize the criteria for an effective negotiator
- Describe how power can be used/abused in negotiation
- Identify when to close negotiations
The course duration is approximately 4 hours. It is available online in English and French.
This course has been accredited by the Canadian Construction Association (CCA) for two (2) credits toward Gold Seal Certification. A final mark of 75% is required in order to receive a certificate of completion.
Once registration has been completed for a course, you will receive an email with your PIN and instructions within 24 hours of registration. All registrations received after office hours will be processed the next business day. Please note there are no refunds or cancellations for any of these courses once payment has been submitted.