For owners, managers, supervisors, and project managers who deal primarily in trade-to-trade and/or trade-to-customer situations.
Understand construction contracts and contract law
- Understand the origins of law.
- Understand what a contract is and what makes it valid or invalid.
- Know the different types of construction contracts.
- Understand roles in the construction industry as they apply to contract law.
- Understand the liabilities and responsibilities of all parties to a contract.
- Be able to interpret contracts.
- Understand what defines a custom contract.
- Understand the principles of surety and different types of bonds.
- Know what type of insurance is required.
- Understand claims, the reasons for claims, and how to compile and submit proper extras and claims.
- Know the acts and regulations that are relevant to the construction industry.
- Develop strategies to avoid conflict with contracts, owners, trades, and labour.
The online course duration is approximately 6 hours.
This course is worth 2 Gold Seal Credits. A final mark of 100% is required in order to receive a certificate of completion.
Once registration has been completed for a course, you will receive an email with your PIN and instructions within 24 hours of registration. All registrations received after office hours will be processed the next business day. Please note there are no refunds or cancellations for any of these courses once payment has been submitted.