Accurate and precise estimating is critical to the financial viability of a construction firm. This course provides an introduction to the field of construction estimating and covers all aspects of the production of an accurate estimate. This course is intended for people working in estimating, or any individual who wants to become an estimator in any part of the country, in any sector (residential, industrial, commercial, institutional, pipeline AND/OR civil).
This training program will provide you with the knowledge and skills to visualize the scope and magnitude of a construction project and produce reliable estimates by reviewing drawings through various phases of a project with the aim of determining the quantity and type of materials required for the project.
After completing this course, you will:
- Have a good understanding of estimating practices
- Know site-specific conditions and regulatory requirements
- Know how to handle the purchasing and logistics associated with materials on the job
- Know how to manage materials on site
- Organize cost data in a clear and logical manner
- Have the ability to keep historical information related to costs (including those associated with labour, material, overhead, equipment and availability of required items)
- Know how and when to update historical information related to costs
- Assemble bids and meet bid closure deadlines
- Provide on-site solutions to work-related problems in relation to equipment and material placement
The course duration is approximately 4 hours.
This course has been accredited by the Canadian Construction Association (CCA) for two (2) credits toward Gold Seal Certification. A final mark of 75% is required in order to receive a certificate of completion.
Once registration has been completed for a course, you will receive an email with your PIN and instructions within 24 hours of registration. All registrations received after office hours will be processed the next business day. Please note there are no refunds or cancellations for any of these courses once payment has been submitted.