Creating an organization that is inclusive of Black, Indigenous and People of Colour is not a “feel good” exercise. An inclusion initiative is a win-win for everyone. When organizations are inclusive of Black, Indigenous and People of Colour, all workers feel more engaged and inspired to do their best. This can only help leaders and managers in their responsibilities to create a competitive organization.
The goal of this course is to increase awareness about systemic racism, and provide information and strategies to help organizations create and/or revise policies and processes to support workplaces that are inclusive of Black, Indigenous and People of Colour.
This course has been accredited by the Canadian Construction Association (CCA) for half (0.5) a credit towards Gold Seal Certification upon successful completion of this course. A final mark of 100% is required in order to receive a certificate of completion.
By the end of this course, you will:
- Understand the concepts of racism, systemic racism, systemic bias and unconscious bias.
- Understand the intent vs. impact dilemma.
- Recognize and reduce your unconscious bias as a leader and manager.
- Recognize different levels of systemic bias in your organization.
- Have a tool kit of strategies and supporting methods to eliminate/reduce systemic bias in your organization.
Structure and Workload
This course consists of 9 lessons of approximately 20 minutes duration each, for a total of about 3 hours of self-paced instruction.
Once registration has been completed for a course, you will receive an email with your PIN and instructions within 24 hours of registration. All registrations received after office hours will be processed the next business day. Please note there are no refunds or cancellations for any of these courses once payment has been submitted.