For everyone who works in construction.
Understand what you can do to keep yourself, your co-workers, and the environment you work in safe every day
After completing this course, you will:
- Know your rights and responsibilities on any work site, and those of your co-workers and your employer.
- Learn the necessary communications to ensure the work gets done properly and safely.
- Recognize the measures you need to take off the job site to make sure you’re ready for work on the job site.
- Identify the personal protective equipment you’ll use on the job site and how to use it effectively.
- Know the precautions to take when working with workplace chemicals, including understanding the Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) and safety data sheets.
- Understand the importance of protecting the environment around your work site, and how to make that happen.
- Recognize the different types of hazards you may encounter on a job site, and how to assess and control them.
- Identify the tools, equipment, and vehicles you’ll use on site, and how to use them safely.
- Know precautions to take when working at heights, excavating and trenching, and working near power lines.
- Understand how regulations differ across Canada and across industries, and the importance of understanding processes and procedures at your own site.
- Recognize hazards that may be present in confined spaces, and how to ensure you work safely under those conditions.
The course duration is approximately 5 hours.
This course has been accredited by the Canadian Construction Association (CCA) for one (1) credits toward Gold Seal Certification.
Once registration has been completed for a course, you will receive an email with your PIN and instructions within 24 hours of registration. All registrations received after office hours will be processed the next business day. Please note there are no refunds or cancellations for any of these courses once payment has been submitted.