During these exceptionally challenging times, we know that BC Road Builders & Heavy Construction members are working tirelessly to assist the Provincial and local governments to safely re-open transportation corridors for communities impacted by the recent storm and flooding. Our Contractors from across the province have stepped up, notifying the Province and local government and emergency services with equipment and operators ready and willing to assist in any way necessary.
Our highways, bridges and roads are vital to communities across the province, connecting British Columbians to each other, facilitating the delivery of essential goods and services, and connecting our province to the rest of Canada. We know that BC Road Builder & Heavy Construction members are dedicated to ensuring safe transportation infrastructure in the province is maintained and restored after the effects of last week’s storm, and standing ready to help in any way possible.
In light of these unprecedented events, our Annual General meeting will focus on the path forward and we hope that you can join at this years retitled: Building the Road to Recovery & AGM.
We are pleased to again host the Leaders’ Luncheon and the Contractors Awards Luncheon, where the Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure recognize our industry’s leaders in project delivery, safety and community service. Unique to this years conference, will be a recovery summit focused on the significant recovery efforts ahead.
The event may look a little different this year but we are excited to gather safely in person and celebrate a successful year.
We look forward to seeing you there!
Conference Safety Information
- By attending the BC Road Builders AGM & Holiday Celebrations, you agree to abide by and engage in certain health-and-safety-beneficial conduct while attending the event. This includes, but is not limited to, abiding by any seating plans as outlined by the organizers, following hand sanitization protocols as set forth by Fairmont, engaging in appropriate physical distancing and not attending the event if you are ill or have been recently exposed to COVID-19.
- All delegates will be required to use hand sanitizer before participating in meals. This may be required several times throughout a function dependant on the activities.
- Hand sanitizer stations will be positioned throughout the meeting space.
- Responsible seating and capacity plans for meeting spaces. This may include assigned seating during the event.
- Appropriate signage to reinforce spatial distancing and other safety reminders
- If you have questions or concerns while on-site please connect with our conference staff at registration or with the hotel staff.
If the conference cannot proceed we will be issuing full refunds on all registrations.
The conference will follow all current guidelines as outlined by the Provincial Health Officer at the time of the event. Provincial Guidelines can be viewed here.