For mentors and mentees.
Develop effective mentoring relationships with a focus on communications skills that you can apply immediately on the job with measurable results
A final mark of 100% is required in order to receive a certificate of completion.
This course will introduce you to the skills required to:
- Define and identify the importance of mentorship.
- Describe the qualities of a good mentor and mentee.
- Identify effective communication behaviours.
- Recognize the difference between one-way and two-way communication.
- Recognize how cultural diversity affects the way you communicate with other workers.
- Describe Six Steps Mentors can apply to help Mentees gain knowledge and skills.
- Describe Six Skills that Mentees can apply to make the most of their mentoring experience.
- Explain key strategies for effective communication to expand on the mentoring relationship.
- Identify techniques for continuing to build Mentorship principles.
- Identify tools and resources which support continued improvement of your Mentorship principles.
Structure and Workload
This course consists of 4 lessons of approximately 30 minutes duration each, for a total of about 2 hours of self-paced instruction.
Once registration has been completed for a course, you will receive an email with your PIN and instructions within 24 hours of registration. All registrations received after office hours will be processed the next business day. Please note there are no refunds or cancellations for any of these courses once payment has been submitted.