The BC Road Builders fully support the recommendations being promoted and implemented by both the Government of British Columbia and the Government of Canada, and we are closely monitoring developments and recommendations around COVID-19.
You can find the latest updates on the number of cases in BC here.
The most important measures to prevent transmission of COVID-19 include:
- Get vaccinated with both doses. Taking the first vaccine you are offered.
- Wear a three ply cloth/fabric mask in indoor public spaces and where social distancing is not possible.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, using soap and water is the single most effective way of reducing the spread of infection.
- If a sink is not available, alcohol-based hand rubs (ABHR) can be used to clean your hands as long as they are not visibly soiled. If they are visibly soiled, use a wipe and then ABHR to effectively clean them.
- Do not touch your face, eyes, nose or mouth
- Cover your mouth and nose with a disposable tissue or the crease of your elbow when you sneeze or cough
- Regularly clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces (i.e. keyboards, phones, door handles, mouse etc)
- Do not share food, drinks, utensils, etc.
- If you are feeling unwell, please stay at home
We encourage our members to take necessary precautions within their workplaces.
Our members’ safety is and will always be our number one priority and all measures that are implemented are preventative. While the risk remains low for the general public, an increased risk is still posed on those Canadians age 65 and over, with compromised immune systems or with underlying medical conditions. We want to ensure that all our members and their employees are taking the proper precautions to protect ourselves and those around us.